Welcome to our website, which we hope you will find informative and inspiring.
Borders Fire and Stone is a family-run business based near Duns in the beautiful Scottish Borders. Originally called John O’Kane Stone Restoration, the company’s name changed when we progressed from restoring and creating stone walls and fireplaces to offering a qualified solid fuel installation service as well.
Our services now include:
• Creating bespoke fireplaces and restoring existing ones
• Fitting woodburning and multifuel stoves
• Diagnosing and solving chimney problems
• Repairing and lining chimneys
• Carrying out remedial work on chimney stacks
• Building, repairing and restoring stonework, both indoors and outside
We work on both sides of the Border, with clients throughout the Scottish Borders, East Lothian and north Northumberland.
As well as having lots of experience in the work we do, Borders Fire and Stone is registered with HETAS, the official body that approves solid fuel domestic heating appliances, fuels and services. See our Stove and Fireplace Installation page to read why it important to have a HETAS-approved firm fit your stove.